You want to be an amazing girlfriend? Of course you do. Here are 5 simple and easy ways to make it all possible…
1. Be present with him. When you are with your boyfriend, be with him. Turn your phone off. Put it in your purse, or put it in a drawer, but put it away. Whatever happens “on your phone” can wait. We will all survive without our phones. If you want to cultivate a deep connection with your mate, then you have to be present with him. Look him in the eyes and make him feel like you would rather be nowhere else. I know a lot of people think they can do many things at once: multitask. Not true. We do one thing at a time. When we attempt to multitask we do many things poorly. If you multitask your relationship you might find yourself multitasking being single, because a man wants your attention. Your phone will be there when you are done, but if you keep texting while spending time together, you might be texting alone.
2. Love something he loves. If your boyfriend is passionate, and I assume he is, then love something he loves. Think of all the things he’s passionate about, pick one, and share it as a common interest. Learn a bit about that passion, collaborate with him on it. This can be something you both have in common, and something you can both talk about. Preferably this shouldn’t be about sports or a TV show, because that says nothing about him (your boyfriend). Find out what he loves, not loves through other mediums. What is in his heart? Have that in common. Relationships succeed through synergy, not complete separate lives. If you can’t find something to love that he is also passionate about, then why are you with him?
3. Fulfill the “friend” in girlfriend. Men want a best friend companion with whom they also roll around naked with from time to time. That’s what we want. We want someone who is down for our interests, small talk, and humor, but can also fulfill our carnal base needs. Men are simple, very simple. Talk to us like a friend, be playful and fun, and don’t overcomplicate things as we aren’t complicated people. Have the potential to be his best friend, and show him this potential. He’ll keep you around if you do.
4. Don’t nag about small things. We often fight and create so much drama because we focus on the negative in someone. If we focus on the negative, we will see the negative. We will see whatever we make our minds up to see. If your boyfriend sucks at doing the laundry, well maybe you should do it. Don’t let it create a fight. If something bothers you deeply then you are probably more passionate about doing it, so do it, let him do something else. Maybe he’ll clean the dishes instead. Instead of letting something build as a resentment, which causes drama, let’s try to not focus on the things we don’t like and see the things we do like.
5. Avoid collaboration on social networks. Unfriend each other on Facebook, Google Plus, etc. You are friends and lovers in real life, so you don’t need to focus on what each other is doing in the “virtual world.” Who cares? It’s only going to cause fights. Why? Because we are always looking for something to fight about, “Who is that girl in the picture?” or “So that’s who he was with last night!” Just remove that stress and drama. Trust your boyfriend until he proves otherwise, simple as that, and if he proves otherwise then you don’t need Facebook to tell you to break up with him.
I hope you liked these 5 insights for being a better mate.